Steak and potato nachos is one of the most palatable and tasty comfort foods you can ever come across. Some patience and effort are required, but you will never stop making it once you master this recipe!
Also, one can use different types of steak in this recipe such as the skirt steak, flank steak, sirloin, etc. but I have used flank steak in this one.
- Recipe: Steak and potato nachos
- Meal course: Appetizer
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Cooking appliance: Electric smoker
- Special equipment: Casserole plate
- Flank steak – 2 nos.
- Potatoes – 3 to 4 (sliced)
- Cheese – 7 Oz
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as required
- Cilantro – fresh and finely cut
- Pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Garnishing ingredients:
- Sour cream
- Chives (finely chopped)
- Heat the smoker up to 360F. Take a large bowl and mix all pepper, sliced potatoes, salt, olive oil. Bake them in the smoker for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, season them and keep them aside. Place the steak in the smoker until it gets perfectly cooked.
- Take a casserole plate and place the baked potato slices in it. Cut the steak into small cubes and place them over the slices. Top them up with cheese and cilantro and smoke them again for 4-5 minutes. The cheese melts and holds on the dish perfectly, which enhances its overall wholesomeness.
An enticing recipe is now ready to be served with sour cream and chopped chives!
Master Chef’s tips
Do not overcook the steak as it needs to be moist and tender to blend seamlessly with the potatoes.
Words of Wisdom
Some people like to serve it with jalapenos salsa or Pico de Gallo but I would recommend serving it with habaneras salsa in order to improve its spiciness and overall taste.