Combine the richness of soft boiled eggs with the delicacy of sausage and let the smoky enclosure do the rest for you. This recipe gives a powerful punch of flavor to kick-start your day!
Some dishes are really special and you could make it out even while cooking them. The smoked scotch eggs recipe is one of them, can be cooked in no time and doesn’t acquire too much space in your smoker. Therefore, you can always cook it with other dishes or whenever you want to produce an extra dish from your ready smoker.
- Recipe: Smoked scotch egg
- Meal course: Breakfast Snack
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Cooking appliance: Electric smoker
- Special ingredient: BBQ Rub
- Eggs: 5 to 6 (as per the requirement)
- BBQ Rub
- Breakfast sausage – 1 pound
- Preheat the smoker up to 250F. Boil the eggs and peel them once they cool.
- Slice and cut the sausages to accommodate the boiled eggs. Seal the ends of the sausages tightly to cover the eggs.
- Cook the sausage wrapped egg rolls for 40-45 minutes inside a smoker. Take them out when ready, apply the BBQ rub over them and again smoke them for 8-10 minutes so that they blend with the sausages.
A delicious dish with a crispy exterior and succulent texture of soft boiled eggs is all set to make you feel good about yourself.
Master Chef’s tips
Do not over boil the eggs. Boil them softly in order to keep their yolk tender and juicy. You can immerse the un-hatched boiled eggs in freezing water to cool them quickly. Make use of a spoon if you are finding it hard to peel the eggs with your fingers.
The tanginess of the BBQ sauce and sausages engulf the melting flavor of egg to give a delightful start to your day. Experiment with different BBQ sauces and rubs to explore your real cravings!