Want to relish the raw smack of basil and broccoli that entwine your taste buds and happiness? Here’s an absolutely easy-to-cook recipe that will get you what your tongue ordered!
There are a variety of flavors that complement the taste of broccoli and basil is certainly one of them. The fresh basil leaves add a hint of sweetness in the earthy bitterness of broccoli and smoking gives an altogether different dimension to this whole recipe.
- Recipe: Smoked basil broccoli
- Meal course: Side dish
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cooking appliance: Electric smoker
- Key ingredient: fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Chopped basil leaves – ¾ cup
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt as required
- Cherry tomatoes – 1 cup (diced)
- Fresh Lemon juice – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Preheat the smoker up to 375F. Cut the florets of broccoli perfectly so that they can be devoured in a single bite.
- Take a pan and pour olive oil in it. Roast the broccoli in steaming oil and add salt, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice in it. Cook it with diced tomatoes for some time until the mixture starts to release inviting aromas.
- Take a grilling basket and pour the mixture into it. Smoke it for 40 minutes on the cooking grates until the florets get crispy.
A sizzling broccoli recipe is ready to be consumed!
Master Chef’s tips
Do not over smoke the broccoli. It should remain tender from the inside to get the perfect punch of crisp juiciness.
Nothing can go wrong with this recipe if you cook the florets at lower temperatures. Also, the wood chips play an important role in this recipe. Try to use hickory or maple wood chips for best results.