Grilled or roasted chicken is a must if you are planning to have a beer party with your friends after your graduation or with your colleagues after your promotion.
The art of grilling and roasting chicken is difficult. If you don’t know how to do it right, you may end up spoiling the flavor of the chicken.
Chicken that tends to get overcooked while roasting not only loses the flavor but also turns very dry. A fuss-free method of roasting your chicken is by using an electric smoker. Smoking the meat makes it easy to cook it at a very low temperature.
Cooking the meat for longer periods of time not only adds flavor to it but also doesn’t let the meat to turn stale. One of the greatest advantages of using an electric smoker is it doesn’t need constant monitoring.
So, you can leave your meat on and do the rest of your chores. You know your electric smoker will take care of it all. This device saves a lot of time and effort.
You do not have to keep checking from time to time if the food is ready. The advanced technology of the electric smoker will keep your food from being burnt.Read Some Best Easy Smoking Recipes & Ideas Seafood canapés – A recipe that will stay with you forever! Smoked ham biscuits – A smack of intense flavors! Smoked Mackerel – Royal taste exquisite texture! Smoked Sardines – An exceptional combination of taste and nutrition Smoked Scotch Eggs – Fluffy eggs smoky sausages!
How To Use The Electric Smoker
This article discusses the stepwise ways of using an electric smoker. Read on to find out.
- Choose the kind of Smoker you wish to use: You have to make your choice very clear. There are vertical electric smokers that are water-based. These smokers are comparatively inexpensive. These smokers can work great when the weather is warm. However, it might start to show some issues in the cold weather.
- So if you cook your meat during the warm weather, a vertical smoker that is water-based will work wonders. On the other hand, there are cabinet smokers that work on electricity. They look like refrigerators. They usually have a gauge for adjusting the temperature which is a key requirement while you are using electric smokers.
- Read the manual thoroughly: The different kinds of electronic smokers function differently. Don’t assume all the smokers to work in the same manner. If you do so, the slightest malfunctioning can cause a fatal defect in your gadget.
- Prepare the meat: Next comes the best part. Preparing your dish. What you have to do is very simple. You just have to season the meat with a coat of dry rub like salt, sugar, herbs and so on. Soak the meat in some acidic marinade. This will make it very easy for you to cook the meat using an electric smoker. It is advisable to let the meat stay overnight. This makes the marinating better. All the spices and flavors are soaked in really well. Once you are done doing all this, you have to turn on the smoker. If it is a water-based smoker, then add water to it.
- Wood chips are a necessity when you are grilling smoky meat. These wood chips add flavor to the meat. The chips can be obtained at any grocery store or a hardware shop, or you can even fetch it online. You can use any kind of wood like plum, cedar, alder, hickory or anything. For every time period of 3 hours to 5 hours of cooking in an electric smoker, one will need nearly 4 cups of the chips.
- Set the temperature right: The only thing that you need to check while you are using an electric smoker is the temperature at which it is functioning. These days, most of the smokers have a gauge for the internal temperature. Adjust the temperature according to your needs. Some of the electric smokers also have one dial which can help to adjust the temperature by turning it down when you want to or by turning it up when you want to. Apart from this, some of the other smokers have a specific point that is as high as 107.22 degrees Celsius. When you see that your gadget has reached the correct and the desired temperature, then put the meat in the rack. Make sure that the meat isn’t undercooked. Let it turn tender. This is a time-consuming process for it can take some time ranging from 3 hours to 8 hours. Insert a meat thermometer inside the meat in order to check whether the meat is properly cooked.
Are you ready for a DIY meal and want to save some money by not ordering your party barbeque from a restaurant? Or do you want to showcase your mad cooking skills to your friends without having to work much? Then electric smokers are the best deal for you. They not only enable fuss-free cooking but also make the cleanup procedure thereafter convenient. You don’t have to collect all the ash dust scattered here and there. You can simply pick up a tray where all the ash and dust is collected and clean it up. The low power consumption, the ease of use without having to check a manual and the hassle-free method of cooking without having to check if the food is ready from time to time will make this device a proud pick for you.